I am pleasantly surprised to say this week has been mostly headache free… The only hiccup being our vintage table. Here is the thing. It’s a large beautiful table but its years have left little varnish on it. The thing is, right now I am not sure its worth a sand and reseal seeing as it will be manhandled by toddlers for a good while now nor do I have the time. The good thing is it was less than $200 and its HUGE probably too big for the space but it's a family size which is what we need. So I tried restoring the finish and cleaning up the water and heat rings with Restor A Finish which worked OK. The color looks fab but the stains are still there and visible at a sideways glance. So my plan was to follow it up with some wax for protection but I think I may give my new best friend Vermont Natural Coatings a chance to give us some protection. Still unsure. May try the way and then if that doesn’t work go for the sealer once client work settles down. If that is the case then I will basically be sealing in some ring marks , etc. But I feel I let this table give us a few good years as a young family and then we can pay to have someone properly refinish to its glory. Similar vintage Baker tables of this size for anywhere from 3k-23k, yes they go for that much, so I got a hell of steal, blemishes and all! And in some light it looks just glorious especially when I put some of my OWN roses on top. And yes, I will brag all day about the roses we got when we bought this house. Their season is too short not too!
The biggest win this week was painting our interior doors and this time I took my own advice and got a spray gun. WHY OH WHY have I not gotten one before?! Also I NAILED my color choice. I am head over heels in love with this color, which is Sherwin Williams Rosemary. It's the perfect olive. Hints of sage, not too blue or too dark but just right. It’s basically everything!! And the contrasts completely elevate the space. I have lots of touch ups to do but my husband was basically able to get 4 doors painted with 2 coats in under 3 hours (I had pre-taped them). So that is a total win!
I also completed the straps for the hanging cushion. I am using faux leather but I will likely upgrade if this works out to real using some brass rivet detailing. I just did’t want to experiment on the real stuff. We still have to hang it so will update more about that later on. But can we talk about these custom cushions from Tonic Living? THEY ARE TO DIE FOR! I am thrilled with how they came out and the attention to detail. The quality is just amazing and I can’t wait to see them on the bench which is soooo close to finished. My husband has really kicked butt on this project. The bench is going to be huge, bigger than we need seating wise but it's the storage I want. I plan to use this space as our everyday eating station and my work station. Its bright and sunny right near my tea collection and there is door to the yard so I can catch all the fresh air. So you see I will have an office caddy that at the end of the day goes right back into the bench. Also we like arts & crafts around here and taking my sewing machine out from the closet is tedious. This is the perfect place to keep it. I can’t wait to show you once its complete!
Oh and for those following my floor saga has ended it, it's getting a good ole fashioned rug treatment. It arrives in the next day or two and really hoping it works. Also the temporary jute I had in here has become my dogs favorite hang out space which tells me we have a winner. And that folks is my wrap up for week 2 for the spring 2019 One Room Challenge and click the link to see that of the other guest participants as well as the featured designers.
This post my contain sponsored products or affiliate links however all opinions are my own.